Latest News

Beaten at Bargoed

Beaten at Bargoed 8 Mar 2019

Bargoed 21 RGC 17 With conditions tricky underfoot and ball in hand it was the boot of Bargoeds Josh Prosser that tested Sam Jones in the opening minutes. The homeside then got the opening try after the scrum drove on and captain Grant Rogers put the ball down. Prosser added the extras. The following 30 minutes was all RGC as the pinned Bargoed into their own 22m line. Beau Williams and Danny Cross were carrying they ball well, but the homeside were containing the attacks. The pattern of multiple RGC phase's, interupted by Bargoed clearing kicks repeated for much of the half. RGC were wasteful with a couple ok kicks from hand, but credit to the players who didn't get frustrated. A try did arrive as the half ended, and too a man they kept the ball well and worked it towards the line. Winger Aaron Evans bundled himself and the ball over the whitewash. Billy McBryde levelled the game with the conversion. The 2nd half started in much the same fashion as the 1st when Bargoed regained the lead through Alex Gardner Key and Prosser again was successful with the kick. RGC again looked to get back in the game and after another spell with multiple phases they camped themselves on the Bargoed line. Injury to Andrew Williams in the warm up and Beau Williams in the first half had an impact in the Gogs physicality in carrying as they struggled past the defence line. The homeside extended the lead when Humphries ran in, and it was a sucker punch after RGC's possession. Prosser again hit the kick. It was a case of deja vu as the Gogs tried again the break the whitewash, and they managed it with Billy McBryde. The boot of the fly half added to his tally to close the score with a conversion and penalty. Bargoed squeezed the pressure at the scrum, and it RGC couldn't get much foundation to build. The stats will show 70% possession and 70% territory to RGC but the difference was the ability to get over the line at key moments.