Latest News

All Whites Win

4 May 2024

Swansea 32 RGC 19

Saturday 4th May 2024

With the sun being out at Morriston RFC, the game was set up for attacking rugby and it was Swansea who opened on the front foot with some good attacking rugby, and put some points on the board early with 2 penalties from Rhys Jonea.

RGC were staying in the game with some good work around the breakdown, making sure Swansea couldn't find that final pass to create a try. Both sides were swapping passes to each other in a spell where it was loose, with that last game of the season feel. RGC edged to the line, moving the ball right left but a pass couldn't find Sam Stoddard's hand at the crucial moment.

It wasn't long before the Gogs crossed the line when Efan Jones took a quick tap and caught Swansea on the hop to score. Sam Earl-Jones nudged the conversion for the lead.

RGC were unable to keep hold of that lead for long as a minute later Swansea went in the corner when Winger Cori Lewis-Jenkins went over.

Charlie Probert and Gareth Parry were putting a shift in, with some strong tackles as Swansea picked up the tempo Just before halftime Swansea shifted the ball and Harri Houston showed the dummy, and went under the posts with Jones adding the extras.

The 2nd half began with Swansea cranking the pressure, but the Gogs defence was working hard to force the errors.

Much like the season as a whole RGC frustrated with handling errors, kicks not finding touch and line-outs not finding hands, all this killed any momentum and put pressure straight back on them.

RGC were reduced to 14 men after winger Rhys Tudor was sent to the bin. Another try came down the wing when Lewis-Jenkins raced down to score. Jenkins conversion. Credit to RGC who got some points back a minute later when Dion Jones touched down.

From the restart Swansea again went down the field and looked to get the driving maul going, but RGC were able to end it. The penalty and tackle count was racking up against RGC and it told when Daf Davies went over from close range with the extras from Jenkins.

Harri Hughes went close when the ball move out wide, but his foot was in touch before he touched down. RGC gained some good field position, and Sam Earl-Jones stepped to find the gap to run in for the try,  the full-back converted to end the game and the season.