Latest News



Cardiff 30 RGC 20
Saturday 28th January 2023

Rhys Tudor went close in the opening minutes but was just in touch as he put the ball over the whitewash.
Both sides were battling to gain the foothold and Cardiff began to edge it before they took the lead with a Dan Fish penalty.
RGC answered back with a Dion Jones penalty a minute later.
The centre partnership of Will Keep and Aaron Pinchers were trying to punch a hole into the RGC defence.
Cardiff regained the lead with another Fish penalty as the pace of the game increased.
When RGC did have a good spell with the ball they couldn’t stretch the Cardiff defence and create space.
Cardiff extended the lead when Morgan Allan made a break and it was finished with a Nathan Hudd try, Fish adding the extras.
RGC were being penalised for not releasing on a few occasions which meant any good territory was lost, and the boot of Fish pinned them back.
Try number 2 was a simple one when Ellis Thomas went over and Fish kicked the conversion.
Crucially RGC got back in the game towards the end of the half, as they opted for a tap penalty and were rewarded with the try from Afon Bagshaw after the forwards set up at the line.  Dion Jones nudged the conversion.

RGC started the 2md half will real intent but were let down with a couple of loose passes but got the try when Dan Fish had a kick charged down and Theo Mayell got on the end of it to touch down. Dion Jones added the extras.
The Gogs had the momentum but were unable to capitalise as the game became frantic at times with breaks, turnovers and breaks from both sides.
It was Cardiff that claimed the next try when Will Keep ran in with the boot of Fish again on target.
Dion Jones claimed another penalty as RGC looked to get the points and the restart to build again.
RGC were creating some chances but at crucial times errors cost them, and couldn’t take care of the ball. Passes went to touch, the ball was lost in contact and the lineout misfired.
The homeside were being made to work hard in defence, which is credit to the Gogs but they just couldn’t create a clear opening.
Dan Fish got the final score with a penalty, and made the game safe in the final minutes.