Latest News

Cardiff Claim Win

9 Nov 2018

Cardiff put in a strong 2nd half performance to clinch the 6th win in a row

Cardiff 25 RGC 19

Friday 9th November 2018

Cardiff put in a strong 2nd half performance to clinch the 6th win in a row for the Blue and Blacks, with RGC’s mistakes being punished on the scoreboard with the homeside scoring 18 points in the 2nd half.

It was the hosts that opened the scoring when centre Reece-Hole went over for the try. Steff Jones added the extras.

From the point RGC piled on the pressure building some good phases and working the ball well to the line.  At key points the accuracy let them down, with some loose passes and turnovers.  It was a combination of mistakes from RGC and good defence from Cardiff.

Rhys Williams and Beau Williams were carrying the ball making good yards with ball in hand, and it was a physical battle with some energy zapping tackles from Cardiff.

The set piece from RGC was working well, with the line-out posing a threat on a number of occasions. Cardiff’s penalty count was rising and it was no surprise RGC were going for touch looking for the maul attacks.

It was from a set piece lineout that they got back in the game, with Evan Yardley touching down. McBryde hit the conversion in off the post to tie the scores.

The score was no more than what the Gogs deserved, and the pressure continued on Cardiff.

Rhys Williams came off with an injury, and the backline shifted around with Aron Evans coming on to play on the wing and it was the substitute speedster that scored an outstanding try to give his side the lead.  Evans took the ball in his own half and hugged the touchline to race down the field, dancing over tackles to cross the line.  McBryde pulled his kick wide.

Cardiff started the 2nd half brightly, and combined with some poor exit ball from RGC the homeside got back in the game with an Adam Jones try.

The errors from RGC continued and Jones hit a penalty to give his side the lead.

RGC then broke well down the field, with some quick passes but it ended with a Sam Jones knock on when the line was in sight.

Cardiff scrum was doing some damage, and the hosts had a platform the build the attacks.

Try number 3 for the hosts came when they drove over with Joe Tomlinson coming up with the ball. Steff Jones nudged the conversion over.

When RGC did manage to get back into the game, they used the driving maul but like other occasions Cardiff came away with the turnover ball.

The assured boot of Jones extended the lead for Cardiff before Aron Evans claimed a late try to give his side some hope of a late comeback, but the damage from earlier in the half was done and Cardiff came away with the win.